Topic Entity for Multicast Connections
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alison_Kakoschke
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 8, 2002 12:47 AM

Hi, I have been doing a few tests and believe that all topic names must be specified for all multicast connections specified. However, I would like this confirmed. Therefore, I have the following questions 1. Is there a way such that the default behaviour can be set to use all topics for all connections rather than having to specify seperately for each connection? 2. If the answer to question 1 is no, can wildcards be used in the specification of topic names? That is, if we have a hierarchial struture of topic names can we set the top level topic name (such as 'countries') in the topics entity of the multicast connection and assume that multicast will also be performed on all 'children' topic names (such as 'countries.Austr   More>>

Hi,

I have been doing a few tests and believe that all topic names must be specified for all multicast connections specified. However, I would like this confirmed. Therefore, I have the following questions

1. Is there a way such that the default behaviour can be set to use all topics for all connections rather than having to specify seperately for each connection?

2. If the answer to question 1 is no, can wildcards be used in the specification of topic names? That is, if we have a hierarchial struture of topic names can we set the top level topic name (such as 'countries') in the topics entity of the multicast connection and assume that multicast will also be performed on all 'children' topic names (such as 'countries.Australia', 'countries.England' etc) without having to specify them seperately ?

<<Less

Re: Topic Entity for Multicast Connections

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 8, 2002 07:50 AM

You have to specify the topics on a connection base. You can use topic hierarchies with SQL Like predicates as well since the Multicast Extension Swiftlets creates normal subscribers/publishers.

Therefore, everything described here under "Topic Hierarchies" and "SQL-Like Predicate Topic Addressing" is valid for Multicast connections as well.
About | Sitemap | Contact