dcsimg
Find list and "where I am ?" feature
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Eduardo_Cominguez
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 1, 2002 06:42 AM

Please tell me that this exist: 1) "Find all" : When searching a word or part of it, it is usefull to have a "Find All" option, that show you every place where this word if wrote. I found something similar, like "Search/Highlight ussage in file" but is not the same because only find the complete words only. 2)"Where I am ?": many times I am working or watching a method body that is bigger than the screen. I don't have/found any tool to know in which method I am. Something like a shortcut to highlight the method in the structure pane, or like the amazing tool intelij did when one place the caret in the end of some scope and a message appears on top saying how the "if/while/method/etc"   More>>

Please tell me that this exist:

1) "Find all" : When searching a word or part of it, it is usefull to have a "Find All" option, that show you every place where this word if wrote. I found something similar, like "Search/Highlight ussage in file" but is not the same because only find the complete words only.

2)"Where I am ?": many times I am working or watching a method body that is bigger than the screen. I don't have/found any tool to know in which method I am. Something like a shortcut to highlight the method in the structure pane, or like the amazing tool intelij did when one place the caret in the end of some scope and a message appears on top saying how the "if/while/method/etc" starts.

I am trying to change from JBuilder to IntelijIDEA, and untill now, it seems an amazing tool. I only need this tools and a beter (a lot beter) CVS tool, the one intelijIDEA have know is ok but not enough, at least to check the history trying to find how the file was before the last checkin.

Thanks. Eduardo.

<<Less

Re: Find list and "where I am ?" feature

Posted By:   Eugene_Belyaev  
Posted On:   Saturday, May 4, 2002 06:14 PM

1) Can't you use Search/Find for this, or am I not getting the idea?

2)Try pressing Alt-Q

Eugene Belyaev

JetBrains, Inc
About | Sitemap | Contact