Please help!: loss of data from bean with session scope
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anthony_Zepezauer
Posted On:   Friday, April 19, 2002 10:13 PM

first a little background: 1. this problem only began after I did a low-level format on my hard drive, then re-installing all software (following getting hacked). 2. What we are using: Resin webserver; multi-tier app with JSP => JavaBeans => JDO => MS SQL Server; jdk 1.3.1_02; Forte with Transparent Persistence. The problem seems to be in the use of Beans by the JSP layer. There is a JSP page with this on it. On my system, when I view that page, then follow links away from, then back to it, when the page reloads, I get a null pointer exception the first time it tries to access "sob". I.e., the bean has lost its session data. This does N   More>>

first a little background:

1. this problem only began after I did a low-level format on my hard drive, then re-installing all software (following getting hacked).

2. What we are using: Resin webserver; multi-tier app with JSP => JavaBeans => JDO => MS SQL Server; jdk 1.3.1_02; Forte with Transparent Persistence.

The problem seems to be in the use of Beans by the JSP layer. There is a JSP page with this

on it. On my system, when I view that page, then follow links away from, then back to it, when the page reloads, I get a null pointer exception the first time it tries to access "sob". I.e., the bean has lost its session data. This does NOT happen on my team leader's system, nor on the live site, both running the exact same code, having done a CVS update in all places. I also copied my team leader's resin.conf file, so that too is exactly the same. Some other setting or file MUST be different somewhere -- any suggestions on where to look? Anybody else had this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated, we have a major deadline Monday morning.    <<Less

Re: Please help!: loss of data from bean with session scope

Posted By:   Anthony_Zepezauer  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 20, 2002 08:32 AM

I have fixed it, thanks anyway. It turns out that ZoneAlarm, which I installed after getting hacked, was being overzealous in "protecting" me from the session cookie, even though it was supposed to allow it under the "medium" setting for cookies.
About | Sitemap | Contact