SSL Implementation of Web Logic 6.1 Server
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Pazhanikanthan_Periasamy
Posted On:   Thursday, April 18, 2002 09:38 PM

Hi All, I have a problem in SSL Implementation of Web Logic 6.1 Server. By default the SSL Configuration is as follows: ServerCertificateChainFileName : ca.pem ServerCertificateFileName : democert.pem ServerKeyFileName : demokey.pem All these files are residing in the config/mydomain/ folder from the WebLogic Installation Root Directory. I want to create a test key and certificate for myself and test the SSL Implementation. The steps for SSL Implementation of Web logic speaks 1. Certificate Request Generator servlet where you have to create a Certificate Request. Once this is done 3 fil   More>>

Hi All,

I have a problem in SSL Implementation of Web Logic 6.1 Server.

By default the SSL Configuration is as follows:

ServerCertificateChainFileName : ca.pem

ServerCertificateFileName : democert.pem

ServerKeyFileName : demokey.pem

All these files are residing in the config/mydomain/ folder from the WebLogic Installation Root Directory.

I want to create a test key and certificate for myself and test the SSL Implementation.

The steps for SSL Implementation of Web logic speaks

1. Certificate Request Generator servlet where you have to create a Certificate Request. Once this is done 3 files are created namely,

a) www_mydomain_com-key.der

b) www_mydomain_com-request.dem

c) www_mydomain_com-request.pem - file content to be pasted in the Web Form of Verisign Site for a test certificate.

Once the registration in VeriSign is done, we get a certificate named getcacert.crt from the SAQ site and a mail containing the certificate content. I have copied this and pasted it as the

www_mydomain_com-cert.pem. I have changed the Web Logic properties in the config.xml as

ServerCertificateChainFileName : ca.pem

ServerCertificateFileName : www_mydomain_com-cert.pem

ServerKeyFileName : www_mydomain_com-key.der

I even tried using the WebLogic Tool to convert the ServerKeyFileName from der to pem using the der2pem conversion Tool.

When I restart with the

-Dweblogic.management.pkpassword=password option,

I get the following Error

One thing to note is that I have not changed the ServerCertificateChainFileName from ca.pem. as I did not know how to configure the ServerCertificateChainFileName...

Can anyone please help me in configuring the same?

You can send your advice to my mail id : pazhanikanthan@yahoo.com

Thanks and regards,

Pazhanikanthan. P

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact