dcsimg
Accessing the ENVY repository from outside the IDE.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, April 18, 2002 07:10 AM

I'm working on a project that needs to interactuate with the team repository of Visual Age for Java. What I have found is that there is the 'Remote Access Tool API' and the 'Tool Servlets'. These components provide access to the ENVY repository, but having a Workspace running on the server is a prerequisite for the servlet to run properly. I can't have one instance of workspace (IDE) running on a server connected to every repository file (.dat file) that is stored on that server. Does anybody know if there is some kind of API, that allows the access to that files without having an IDE running on the server? I have heard that there is something similar to that for Smalltalk (Visual Age for Smalltalk uses the same ENV   More>>

I'm working on a project that needs to interactuate with the team repository of Visual Age for Java.
What I have found is that there is the 'Remote Access Tool API' and the 'Tool Servlets'. These components provide access to the ENVY repository, but having a Workspace running on the server is a prerequisite for the servlet to run properly.
I can't have one instance of workspace (IDE) running on a server connected to every repository file (.dat file) that is stored on that server.

Does anybody know if there is some kind of API, that allows the access to that files without having an IDE running on the server?
I have heard that there is something similar to that for Smalltalk (Visual Age for Smalltalk uses the same ENVY as Visual Age for Java, I think).

Thanks alot

<<Less

Re: Accessing the ENVY repository from outside the IDE.

Posted By:   Benoit_Quintin  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 18, 2002 09:53 AM

Huh???

1- You don't need to use 'remote access toolAPI' to do remote ENVY, nor do you need ther workspace installed on the server. You need to install the envy teamserver. Check your documentation on the install CD 2.
2-I have never heard of such a thing, but check out http://www.instantiations.com. They provide VAJava's repository.

About | Sitemap | Contact