Trouble installing javamail from the tutorial
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Bill_Zborowski
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 16, 2002 09:14 AM

I recently tried to go through your installation instructions that are listed on the sun java site. But after i did everything listed there i still get the following error. Everything compiles okay, just when i go to run it the following happens: >java MailExample: smtp.myhost.ca email1@host.ca email2@host.ca Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/address What i was thinking are the possible problems was: 1. The classpath is set incorrectly (but i followed exactly the instructions and have experience setting up tomcat...etc.) or, 2. There is a problem connecting to my ISP's SMTP server. Note: i am running this on windows 98... Thanks...please he   More>>

I recently tried to go through your installation instructions that are listed on the sun java site. But after i did everything listed there i still get the following error. Everything compiles okay, just when i go to run it the following happens:

>java MailExample: smtp.myhost.ca email1@host.ca email2@host.ca

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/address

What i was thinking are the possible problems was:
1. The classpath is set incorrectly (but i followed exactly the instructions and have experience setting up tomcat...etc.) or,
2. There is a problem connecting to my ISP's SMTP server.

Note: i am running this on windows 98...

Thanks...please help me!!!! :D

Bill Zborowski
(New to Java Guru) :D

<<Less

Re: Trouble installing javamail from the tutorial

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 20, 2002 01:29 PM

It looks like your runtime Java and compile time Java are different. Be sure the Java you think is the first thing hit in the PATH.
About | Sitemap | Contact