dcsimg
Problem with BDK1.1 unable to generate & compile adapter classes.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sid_northfield
Posted On:   Saturday, April 13, 2002 06:06 PM

I am working with JavaBeans tutorial. I have downloaded the BDK1.1 (BeanDevelopment kit) from the link teaching the tutorial. I have a problem with BDK1.1 when it goes of to "generate and compile adapter classes" A pop up message informs me it is going to do this but nothing happens. Why? Note here is the link of the page: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/javabeans/events/index.html 1. Start the BeanBox. 2. Drop a Juggler Bean and two OurButton bean instances into the BeanBox. 3. Select an OurButton instance. In the Properties sheet, change the label property to "start". Select the second OurButton inst   More>>

I am working with JavaBeans tutorial.
I have downloaded the BDK1.1 (BeanDevelopment kit) from the link teaching the tutorial.

I have a problem with BDK1.1 when it goes of to "generate and compile adapter classes"
A pop up message informs me it is going to do this but nothing happens.
Why?

Note here is the link of the page:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/javabeans/events/index.html

1. Start the BeanBox.

2. Drop a Juggler Bean and two OurButton bean instances into the BeanBox.

3. Select an OurButton instance. In the Properties sheet, change the label property to "start". Select the second OurButton instance and change its label to "stop".

4. Select the start button. Choose the Edit|Events|action|actionPerformed menu item. This causes a rubber band line to track between the start button and the cursor. Click on the Juggler instance. This brings up the EventTargetDialog:
This list contains Juggler methods that take no arguments, or arguments of type
actionPerformed.

5. Select the startJuggling method and press OK. You will see a message that the BeanBox is generating adapter classes.

So thus it is at step five, generating adapter classes is where it fails.

The dialog box appears informing me it is doing this but no actual classes are generated.

Secondly the tutorial on JavaBeans mentions "Makefile"
I think I understand on principle what is a makefile but do not know when it is used since the tutorial does not mention this.

<<Less

Re: Problem with BDK1.1 unable to generate & compile adapter classes.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 22, 2002 04:16 AM

Hi!

This is somewhat of an obscure error that I have also ran into -

where did you install the BDK to? a directory of your own specification? or the default directory specified by the install routine?

if you installed it to a customer directory folder - try installing it to a directory location without any spaces in the path!

for wahtever eason - I found this cleared up the same probelm that that I was having once!

John
About | Sitemap | Contact