JBuilder6 and tomcat 3.3
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Luke_Majewski
Posted On:   Saturday, March 30, 2002 03:26 PM

I need to run Tomcat 3.3 in Jbuilder 6 and have been unable to set it up. I have tried changing the tomcat 3.2 so that it points to the necessary libraries and classes... I have even tried to create a new library called Tomcat 3.3 but I don't know how to incorporate it after I create it. I am sorta a newbie with Jbuilder, but I have looked everywhere and can't figure it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Anyone know of an article that helps with this? I did try to create my own server, but when I go to select the main class, there is no org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat class, which I think is the class you need... help?

Re: JBuilder6 and tomcat 3.3

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 4, 2002 12:23 AM

using JBuilder's support for remote debugging, you can debug anything. Change the start-up parameters of the application server hosting your code to debug (see jpda doc for more details about the command line).

alternatively, you can also include the tomcat jar files inside your project, then set the tomcat startup class as the main class for your project. Two years ago, this is how I used to debug servlets with jbuilder 4, before Borland added native support for tomcat to the product.

cheers

About | Sitemap | Contact