dcsimg
JBuilder 6 Produces Classes With Bad Serialization Version UID s
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nicholas_Whitehead
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 27, 2002 09:22 AM

We have a JBuilder project that builds data object classes that are serialozed and passed up to an application server. In order to do this, the Serialization Version UIDs of the classes on both the client side and the server side must be the same. When we build the client in JBuilder 4, we have no problem. However when we rebuild the exact same project using JBuilder 6 and we get this error: java.lang.Exception: client.remote.PricingTreeRemote.loadPricingTreeData() ExceptionCORBA MARSHAL 0 No; nested exception is: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : I know there was a porblem using DEBUG code, but I am not running under debug mode. JBu   More>>

We have a JBuilder project that builds data object classes that are serialozed and passed up to an application server. In order to do this, the Serialization Version UIDs of the classes on both the client side and the server side must be the same.

When we build the client in JBuilder 4, we have no problem. However when we rebuild the exact same project using JBuilder 6 and we get this error:

java.lang.Exception: client.remote.PricingTreeRemote.loadPricingTreeData() ExceptionCORBA MARSHAL 0 No; nested exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge :

I know there was a porblem using DEBUG code, but I am not running under debug mode.

JBuilder 6 does have extra compilation settings like SDK compatability etc. but they do not fix the problem.

I have even tried to run JBuilder6 using the JBuilder4 JDK, to no avail. This makes me thinbk it is some sort of compiler setting in JB6.

Any ideas ?

//Nicholas

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact