dcsimg
How to Confirm a Mail Delivered or Not?
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sanjay_K
Posted On:   Monday, March 25, 2002 10:30 AM

I am sending emails using java mail from my MDB in weblogic6.1. I want to get confirmation if the message is delivered or not. How can I achive this? If any one can suggest how I can track or come to know that there is some problem in mail server or any other problems due to which I am not able to send the message? What all I can do for failOver?

thanks.

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

Re: How to Confirm a Mail Delivered or Not?

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Saturday, March 30, 2002 04:13 PM

The FAQ already provides several tracking mechanisms. However, none of them are standard or guaranteed to work.

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 27, 2002 06:41 AM

I may be wrong on this (!?) but email is fire-and-forget (i.e. it's not guaranteed delivery). In fact there's no guarantee that you will even receive a bounce-back if, for example, the mail address is not recognised by the destination server. Some protocols allow you to request a read receipt from the destination server but I don't know how you'd do this in JavaMail and I think it's pretty hit and miss whether or not it's implemented in the destination server.

Regards.

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Monday, March 25, 2002 09:52 PM

javamail is does not offer any help in that area (rightfully so), however, you can look at the log files from you email server.

cheers,
laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact