dcsimg
The best way to represent message flows from a user and a object where the users query requires the object to look at an associated objects data.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manzoor_Mohammed
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 19, 2002 11:12 AM

Hi, I'm drawing a sequence diagram for the following. I have an object called SaleList which contains SaleRecord objects. The SaleRecord objects contains the price of the sale. The SaleRecord is associated with a Location object. Please see attachment 1 for the class diagram. I have a user that wants to retrieve the information from the SalesList. However, he is only interested in getting the SaleRecords from a certain location. What is the best way to display this operation on a sequence diagram. I have attempted to do this in sequence attachment at the bottom of this e-mail. i) The User sends a createList message to the SalePlan object. The message contains the location of interest to th   More>>

Hi,

I'm drawing a sequence diagram for the following.

I have an object called SaleList which contains SaleRecord objects. The SaleRecord objects contains the price of the sale. The SaleRecord is associated with a Location object. Please see attachment 1 for the class diagram.

I have a user that wants to retrieve the information from the SalesList. However, he is only interested in getting the SaleRecords from a certain location.

What is the best way to display this operation on a sequence diagram. I have attempted to do this in sequence attachment at the bottom of this e-mail.

i) The User sends a createList message to the SalePlan object. The message contains the location of interest to the user.

(ii) The SaleList sends a message to each SaleRecord. The mesage contains the location of interest to the user.

(iii) The SaleRecord sends a message to the Location object. This message also contains the location. The Location should return either true or false.

(iv) The SaleRecord then sends this response back to the SaleList. The SaleList then creates a new List called ResultList. The SaleList puts this SaleRecord in a new list.

Is this the correct?

In the last point, how do I represent in a sequence diagram the SaleList waiting for the response from The SaleRecord and then depending on the response creating the ResultList associated with this the SaleRecords?

I hope u can help.

Thanks

Manzoor

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact