troubles while refreshing the dataSets from a thread, using dbswing
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   hacene_khellaf
Posted On:   Saturday, March 16, 2002 04:40 AM

Hi, i'm using dbswing components in my DB application, JdbTable objects to dasplay the data, those JdbTables are linked each to a QueryDataSet as data sources, the QueryDataSets are linked together by masterlinks, according to a certain hierarchy. at a cetain time i need to refresh the QueryDataSets and get the new data. i'm using the refresh method of the QueryDataSet object for this, this refresh is done by a separate thread periodically. THE PROBLEM IS : each time the thread makes a refresh, there is a jumping of the pointers in the different JdbTables, so the selected elements change in all the tables, i remove the pointers to the old positions after the    More>>

Hi,

i'm using dbswing components in my DB application, JdbTable objects to dasplay the data, those JdbTables are linked each to a QueryDataSet as data sources,

the QueryDataSets are linked together by masterlinks, according to a certain hierarchy. at a cetain time i need to refresh the QueryDataSets and get the new data. i'm using the refresh method of the QueryDataSet object for this,
this refresh is done by a separate thread periodically.

THE PROBLEM IS :

each time the thread makes a refresh, there is a jumping of the pointers in the different JdbTables, so the selected elements change in all the tables,

i remove the pointers to the old positions after the refresh like they were before, but the problem is that this movement is very visible on the screen and very disturbing.

an other error i'm getting is the nullPointerException generated by the JdbTable, but it doesn't stop the application.

an other thing, is that this hapens only when the refresh comes from the thread, everything works fine if i refresh from the user interface, i created a button for the refresh on the interface and here when the user click on it, the refresh is done perfectly without any visible scrolling or movement. of course its the same method runned by the thread and the actionPerformed of the refresh button.

is the probem linked to the use of the thread, or is it somewhere else?

is the some other way to refresh?

thanks for any help

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact