Starting WebSphere 4.0.2 AE Client Application from remote client
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ken_Troosters
Posted On:   Thursday, March 14, 2002 05:34 AM

I have deployed the examples of the WebSphere v4.0 AE Workbook for Enterprise JavaBeans 3rd Edition . When I run the Client_1.java example on the server-machine using the launchclient.bat tool (provided in the WebSphereAppServer in directory) it works fine. But when I try to run the Client_1 from a remote machine using java com.titan.cabin.Client_1 I get the following exception : javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: NULL returned when resolving initial reference=NameService at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getCosRootContext(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:452) at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getRootJndiContext(WsnInitCtxFactory.ja   More>>

I have deployed the examples of the WebSphere v4.0 AE Workbook for Enterprise JavaBeans 3rd Edition .

When I run the Client_1.java example on the server-machine using the launchclient.bat tool (provided in the WebSphereAppServer in directory) it works fine. But when I try to run the Client_1 from a remote machine using java com.titan.cabin.Client_1 I get the following exception :

javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: NULL returned when resolving initial reference=NameService

at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getCosRootContext(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:452)

at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getRootJndiContext(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:337)

at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getInitialContext(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:200)

at com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WsnInitialContextFactory.java:80)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:219)

at javax.naming.InitialContext. (InitialContext.java:195)

at com.titan.cabin.Client_1.getInitialContext(Client_1.java:48)

at com.titan.cabin.Client_1.main(Client_1.java:11)

These are my settings :

properties.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://w2ks-jpath:900");

properties.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory");

Can anyone give me a hint? ...

<<Less

Re: Starting WebSphere 4.0.2 AE Client Application from remote client

Posted By:   John_McKean  
Posted On:   Friday, March 22, 2002 11:48 AM

Ken got back to me and told me to use the JVM provided with WebSphere (located in C:WebSphereAppServerjava). Once I did that, I got past this exception.

Thanks Ken!

Posted By:   John_McKean  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:53 AM

I am running into the same exception today. If you find the answer please let me know and I will do the same.

jmckean@vignette.com

Posted By:   vinayak_wagle  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 20, 2002 06:58 AM

Hi ,

I am trying the same for a couple of days ...but no luck .. Did you find anything new ? Please reply to me on vinayak_w@yahoo.com ..

Thankx
About | Sitemap | Contact