How to setup a JSP/Servlet shared hosting environment.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Eelco_Cramer
Posted On:   Thursday, March 14, 2002 02:16 AM

I posted this in AppServer recently, but no one seems to read that :-) so I'm re-posting it here. Is there any documentation on how to setup a JSP/Servlet shared hosting environment? I want to setup a server where I can add virtual hosts and add / update application (preferable .war's) without having to restart the application server every time a .war has been added or updated. With Orion you can 'hot' add Java application but when a .war is updated Orion doesn't pick it up. With Tomcat you can't 'hot' add an application and it doesn't pickup an updated .war, however Tomcat can reload the application if a class or lib is updated in WEB-INF. Any information on Java hosting would be very helpful   More>>
I posted this in AppServer recently, but no one seems to read that :-) so I'm re-posting it here.

Is there any documentation on how to setup a JSP/Servlet shared hosting environment?

I want to setup a server where I can add virtual hosts and add / update application (preferable .war's) without having to restart the application server every time a .war has been added or updated.

With Orion you can 'hot' add Java application but when a .war is updated Orion doesn't pick it up. With Tomcat you can't 'hot' add an application and it doesn't pickup an updated .war, however Tomcat can reload the application if a class or lib is updated in WEB-INF.

Any information on Java hosting would be very helpfull.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact