JAI compiling problems
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Saturday, March 9, 2002 03:46 PM

I went to the java.sun jai tutorial page to download some sample code. I'm trying to create an image viewer that reads .tif files. I downloaded java 2 runtime environment 1.3 and the jai 1.1.1 When I try to compile the HelloWorld.java file i get the following errors: HelloWorld.java:62: Class ImageDisplay not found. ImageDisplay canvas = new ImageDisplay(source); ^ HelloWorld.java:62: Class ImageDisplay not found. ImageDisplay canvas = new ImageDisplay(source); I get even more errors for bigger programs. I've added the jai_core.jar, codec.jar and mlibwrapper_jai.jar to my classpath, but it still does not compile. HELP? I can't figure out what's wrong. Here is a paste o   More>>

I went to the java.sun jai tutorial page to download some sample code. I'm trying to create an image viewer that reads .tif files. I downloaded java 2 runtime environment 1.3 and the jai 1.1.1 When I try to compile the HelloWorld.java file i get the following errors:
HelloWorld.java:62: Class ImageDisplay not found.
ImageDisplay canvas = new ImageDisplay(source);
^
HelloWorld.java:62: Class ImageDisplay not found.
ImageDisplay canvas = new ImageDisplay(source);

I get even more errors for bigger programs. I've added the jai_core.jar, codec.jar and mlibwrapper_jai.jar to my classpath, but it still does not compile. HELP? I can't figure out what's wrong.

Here is a paste of my classpath:
CLASSPATH=C:VisualCafeXEJavaLib;C:VisualCafeXEJavaLibSYMCLASS.ZIP;C:VisualCafeXEJavaLibC
LASSES.ZIP;C:VisualCafeXEJavaLibCOLLECTIONS.ZIP;C:VisualCafeXEJavaLibICEBROWSERBEAN.JAR;C:
VisualCafeXEJavaLibSYMTOOLS.JAR;C:VisualCafeXEswing-1.1SWINGALL.JAR;C:VisualCafeXEBinCompo
nentsSFC.JAR;C:VisualCafeXEBinComponentsSYMBEANS.JAR;C:VisualCafeXEJavaLibDBAW.ZIP;C:Visu
alCafeXEBinComponentsDBAW_AWT.JAR;C:VisualCafeXEBinComponentsDatabind.JAR;C:VisualCafeXEJa
vaLibservlet.jar;C:VisualCafeXEJavaLibwebserver.jar;C:VisualCafeXEBinComponents emplates.
jar;C:jai-1_1_1libjai_codec.jar;C:jai-1_1_1libjai_core.jar;C:jai-1_1_1libmlibwrapper_jai.j
ar;C:unzippedjai-1_1_1-win-jarjai_win.jar;C:Program FilesJavaSoftJRE1.3libextjai_core.jar
;C:Program FilesJavaSoftJRE1.3libextjar_codec.jar;C:Program FilesJavaSoftJRE1.3libext
mlibwrapper_jai.jar;C:jai_demos;C:jdk1.3;C:jai_demosjai;C:VisualCafeXEswing-1.1;C:VisualCafe
XE;
Chau    <<Less

Re: JAI compiling problems

Posted By:   Reza_Nazarian  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 20, 2002 04:55 AM

Hi. Be sure, that the "mlib_jai.dll" and "mlib_jai_mmx.dll" files are in your jre/bin directory. Another possible problem: The class ImageDisplay is, as far as i know, not part of the JAI-API. It's a class in the JAI-demos. Good luck, Reza.
About | Sitemap | Contact