<javac> does not compile all files on list
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Will_Simpson
Posted On:   Thursday, February 28, 2002 06:55 AM

I am trying to do > but when I run ant -verbose I see [javac] Files to be compiled: followed by a list of paths as excpected. However, although some files do not compile and errors are thrown by javac (7 out of 203 do not compile), some files that do compile on the command line are not compiled by ant and no mention is made of them in the output. They were on the the list of files to be compiled but Ant seems to forget about them. I tried doing find src -name '*.java' -exec javac -d lib {} ; and everything compiles as expected.    More>>

I am trying to do

>

but when I run

ant -verbose

I see

[javac] Files to be compiled:

followed by a list of paths as excpected. However, although some files do not compile and errors are thrown by javac (7 out of 203 do not compile), some files that do compile on the command line are not compiled by ant and no mention is made of them in the output. They were on the the list of files to be compiled but Ant seems to forget about them.

I tried doing

find src -name '*.java' -exec javac -d lib {} ;

and everything compiles as expected.

I would be most grateful if to anyone who can tell me what is going on. I am confused.

Will.

<<Less

Re: &lt;javac&gt; does not compile all files on list

Posted By:   Erik_Schalburg  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 28, 2002 07:04 AM

Ant will only compile files where the source is newer than the class. If you've already compiled them manually, or have had Ant compile them before and have not changed them since, they won't get compiled because they are already up to date.
About | Sitemap | Contact