dcsimg
Class removal when compiling different projects
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Bart_Masschelein
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 26, 2002 07:33 AM

I have two projects (eg. PRJ1 and PRJ2), PRJ2 having dependencies on PRJ1. When I compile (using JBuilder 5) PRJ1 to somedir/classes/PRJ1/ nothing strange happens. But when I now compile PRJ2 to somedir/classes/PRJ2/, the classes of PRJ1 are removed, and of course, I get error #300: class not found. The very strange thing is that this used to work, and suddenly it wasn't...

Re: Class removal when compiling different projects

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 26, 2002 09:41 AM

I believe: it's a behaviour introduced since JBuilder 5. This thing was introduced to avoid (Warning #908) people to have classes without corresponding java sources. In this way JBuilder first clears output dir before to generate output classes, making impossible to have classes not on-line with java sources.

So... you can do 3 things:

• Use different output directory for the two projects where Jbuilder will put .class files
  • Make two distinct jar (you can use the archive builder from the wizard menu) and make project1 to use project2.jar and project2 to use project1.jar. This should work.
  • Merge the two project source dirs and use a common directory for the output classes.

Hope this helps.

Luigi
About | Sitemap | Contact