Multiple URL's/Actions same action type in action mapping
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mark_lewis
Posted On:   Friday, February 22, 2002 02:54 PM

In the application that I am working on there are three roles Faculty, Alumni, and Participants. Historically I have learned to give out access URL's to clients that are simple with out any *.do?parmeter=whatevers. What I would like to do is have each role have a different simple URL that pass through the same action but depending on the URL identifies thier role. Ex: www.blahblah.com/faculty www.blahblah.com/alumni …. Etc I have this in my struts config: path="/faculty" type="com.nice.TypeCheckAction" parameter="FAC"> path="/alummi" type="com.nice.TypeCheckAction&quo   More>>

In the application that I am working on there are three roles Faculty, Alumni, and Participants. Historically I have learned to give out access URL's to clients that are simple with out any
*.do?parmeter=whatevers. What I would like to do is have each role have a different simple URL that pass through the same action but depending on the URL identifies thier role. Ex:

www.blahblah.com/faculty

www.blahblah.com/alumni …. Etc

I have this in my struts config:

path="/faculty"
type="com.nice.TypeCheckAction"
parameter="FAC">

path="/alummi"
parameter="ALUM">

path="/par"
parameter="PAR">

The problem is that the last action defined here path=“par” is working while the others are not. It seems like the last loaded is overriding the previous.

Why is this not working what is the solution?

<<Less

Re: Multiple URL's/Actions same action type in action mapping

Posted By:   Ted_Husted  
Posted On:   Saturday, February 23, 2002 05:23 AM

There's nothing wrong with this configuration block,
or the general approach, so the problem must
lie elsewhere.

If the other paths were redefined later in the config,
then the last one would win.

HTH - Ted.

About | Sitemap | Contact