dcsimg
Applet problem acessing database in my webserver
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   siddhartha_mulpuru
Posted On:   Friday, February 22, 2002 01:25 PM

Hi ! Iam working an applet which implemts a crossword.I could run it with the static data i specified in the code.But what i want is my applet to be able to read the data for the crossword from a databse so that the crossword could be updated easily. My problem is i put my applet and the database files ( an mdb file in access)in the ROOT directory of my TOMCAT websrver .when i run it from my machine it works fine and i can see data.Iam using a type 4 jdbc driver for acessing the databse.I didnt have to give any permissions to make the applet run i mean didnt have make it trusted .But when i run the same applet from my appletviewer or in IE it gives a security exception.It runs fine only in netscape that too only from my machine .    More>>

Hi ! Iam working an applet which implemts a crossword.I could run it with the static data i specified in the code.But what i want is my applet to be able to read the data for the crossword from a databse so that the crossword could be updated easily.

My problem is i put my applet and the database files ( an mdb file in access)in the ROOT directory of my TOMCAT websrver .when i run it from my machine it works fine and i can see data.Iam using a type 4 jdbc driver for acessing the databse.I didnt have to give any permissions to make the applet run i mean didnt have make it trusted .But when i run the same applet from my appletviewer or in IE it gives a security exception.It runs fine only in netscape that too only from my machine .

I want to know what iam required to do so that it could be acessed from a remote nmachine.since my tomcat webserver can be acessed using my ip address when it is turned on.when iam trying to connect from a remote machine it is giving an exception in netscape also.please tell me what to do so that the applet can access my databse from anywhere.I dont undertand becuae iam using TYPE 4 jdbc driver JTurbo .does the client machine need to have this driver to be able to access my databse or is it that i need to make my applet trusted? since iam acessing databse in my own server and not writing or reading into client machine i didnt think it necessary to make it trusted.please help me what i should be doing to overcome my problem.

Thanks a lot for your time .

siddhartha

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact