dcsimg
To slow code???
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Fredrik_Andersson
Posted On:   Monday, February 18, 2002 09:53 AM

Hello! I have a strange problem with some code thats behave differet. In one case it execute in 200 milli sec and in an other case it execute in about 2 MINUTES!!!! The code: private Socket createSecureSocket(String hostname, int port) throws IOException { SSLSocketFactory factory = (SSLSocketFactory)SSLSocketFactory.getDefault(); return factory.createSocket(hostname, port); } The first case: I have one thread that initiate a class with this code. from that thread I call a method in this class that further on call this method above. This execute in 200 milli sec - absolutly fine with me.    More>>

Hello!

I have a strange problem with some code thats behave differet. In one case it execute in 200 milli sec and in an other case it execute in about 2 MINUTES!!!!

The code:

private Socket createSecureSocket(String hostname, int port) throws IOException

{

SSLSocketFactory factory = (SSLSocketFactory)SSLSocketFactory.getDefault();

return factory.createSocket(hostname, port);

}

The first case:

I have one thread that initiate a class with this code. from that thread I call a method in this class that further on call this method above. This execute in 200 milli sec - absolutly fine with me.

The second STRANGE case.

I have one thread that initiate a class with a own thread, that second thread calls a method in it's own class that further on call this method above. This execute in 2 MINUTES!!! - which I cant understand???

I can send some code if you would like to try it if you wan't.

I would be very intrested for any comments on this problem.

Best regards

Fredrik

Ps I use jsse from sun and have also tried to set an other prio for the thread.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact