dcsimg
Component Vs Object
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Preyas_Joshi
Posted On:   Saturday, February 16, 2002 01:50 AM

Someone asked me this very interesting question and I was really intrigued, and thought this was the best place to discuss this question. What is the difference between a Component and an Object at the Architectural level? What I understand is Objects are real and Components are abstract. Components are ideas, Objects are the granular implementations of Components. I'm grappling for words and definitions, like I did when this person asked me the question. Can someone please provide mw with some food for thought TIA Preyas Joshi    More>>

Someone asked me this very interesting question and I was really intrigued, and thought this was the best place to discuss this question.

What is the difference between a Component and an Object at the Architectural level?

What I understand is Objects are real and Components are abstract.

Components are ideas, Objects are the granular implementations of Components.

I'm grappling for words and definitions, like I did when this person asked me the question.

Can someone please provide mw with some food for thought

TIA

Preyas Joshi

<<Less

Re: Component Vs Object

Posted By:   anand_narang  
Posted On:   Monday, February 25, 2002 05:36 AM

Ok components and objects...
When does one create objects? Lets see everyone is familar with oop right.
Objects are always made with a context in mind whereas a component works independent of context.
An eg. When u create an Inventory application the objects created like customer salesman etc would be incontext with that specific inventory application. Wheras a component would be much more general like a date component or a calendar component etc which could be used across many application and thus needs to have strict contracts and need to abide by it.
Regards
Anand Narang

Re: Component Vs Object

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Sunday, February 17, 2002 04:49 AM

I am sure that there is a million definitions of what the component is out there but your basic thinking about this is that a component is usually something that provides some application functionality is composed of one or many objects. I underlined many to denote that a component can be a set of objects (it usually is a set of objects) which is where your basic difference between component and an object lies.
About | Sitemap | Contact