Building Visual Basic project using Ant
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adrian_Smith
Posted On:   Thursday, February 14, 2002 05:49 AM

I'm trying to use Ant to create a release of our VB product. I can compile the various DLL's etc, but what I want to do now is set the version (major/minor/revision) fields on the project before it's compiled. Looking through other threads I see that I can use the propertyfile target to load up and increment the version numbers from a control file. What I can't do is set these version numbers on the VB project. The project file is simply a text file but there doesn't seem to be a simple task that I can use to find a start and end token and replace the token in between. filterset needs to know the text to replace in between the start and end tokens but since this isn't a constant I can't use it Without going and w   More>>

I'm trying to use Ant to create a release of our VB product. I can compile the various DLL's etc, but what I want to do now is set the version (major/minor/revision) fields on the project before it's compiled.

Looking through other threads I see that I can use the propertyfile target to load up and increment the version numbers from a control file. What I can't do is set these version numbers on the VB project. The project file is simply a text file but there doesn't seem to be a simple task that I can use to find a start and end token and replace the token in between. filterset needs to know the text to replace in between the start and end tokens but since this isn't a constant I can't use it

Without going and writing a new task does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

<<Less

Re: Building Visual Basic project using Ant

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 14, 2002 04:16 PM

The nightly builds of Ant contain a task that could accomplish this. Here is a cut-and-paste from the manual entry for it:

match="OldProperty=(.*)"
replace="NewProperty=1"
byline="true" />

About | Sitemap | Contact