Problems with Tomcat/Apache finding pre-compiled servlets.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adam_Gordon
Posted On:   Monday, February 11, 2002 02:49 PM

This one's weird, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm game. I installed tomcat on my Win 2K laptop it worked find out of the box with no configuration other than the setting of the environment variables. It worked with JSP's and pre-compiled servlets called by JSP's. We're running Tomcat with Apache on our Solaris server and it executes JSP's fine, however, if I have a servlet compiled in the .../webapps/ROOT directory and then type the correct URL in for this servlet, minus the file extension, I get the HTTP 404 error, file not found. The only thing I can think of is that there's a configuration issue with Apache since the Tomcat version is identical and no configuration was done save for the setting of the envir   More>>

This one's weird, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm game.

I installed tomcat on my Win 2K laptop it worked find out of the box with no configuration other than the setting of the environment variables. It worked with JSP's and pre-compiled servlets called by JSP's.

We're running Tomcat with Apache on our Solaris server and it executes JSP's fine, however, if I have a servlet compiled in the .../webapps/ROOT directory and then type the correct URL in for this servlet, minus the file extension, I get the HTTP 404 error, file not found. The only thing I can think of is that there's a configuration issue with Apache since the Tomcat version is identical and no configuration was done save for the setting of the environment variables in the start script for Tomcat on the Solaris server.

If anyone's seen this before and can help out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-adam

adam.gordon@ams.com

<<Less

Re: Problems with Tomcat/Apache finding pre-compiled servlets.

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Monday, February 11, 2002 03:27 PM

Adam,

Where have you put the compiled servlets (*.class files) and how are you calling them exactly?
About | Sitemap | Contact