dcsimg
Why the heck is MultiSearcher final? I need to allow heterogeneous search databases!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Terence_Parr
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 6, 2002 04:08 PM

MultiSearcher is limited to one query across multiple search databases but I have different columns in my various databases. One query across all won't work. Further, I like my queries to run in parallel. The class is final. Why? That sort of "optimization" rarely helps that much and severely restricts the utility of the library. I can't even cut-n-paste the whole class because it uses nonpublic members of other classes in that package (I want the subclass to live in my package). I'm stuck using delegation for which Java has no real support. Oh well. Anybody know why MultiSearcher is final? I'm happy to provide my implementation that allows hetereogeneous databases, but it's icky to delegate instead of   More>>

MultiSearcher is limited to one query across multiple search databases but I have different columns in my various databases. One query across all won't work. Further, I like my queries to run in parallel.

The class is final. Why? That sort of "optimization" rarely helps that much and severely restricts the utility of the library. I can't even cut-n-paste the whole class because it uses nonpublic members of other classes in that package (I want the subclass to live in my package).

I'm stuck using delegation for which Java has no real support. Oh well. Anybody know why MultiSearcher is final? I'm happy to provide my implementation that allows hetereogeneous databases, but it's icky to delegate instead of subclass in this case.

<<Less

Re: Why the heck is MultiSearcher final? I need to allow heterogeneous search databases!

Posted By:   Otis_Gospodnetic  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 7, 2002 08:50 AM

Terence, this is really a question for person/people who wrote MultiSearcher.
I think you'll get your answer faster if you send your question to lucene-dev mailing list.
About | Sitemap | Contact