JVM error trying to debug on Mac OS X
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Doug_McBride
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 6, 2002 03:38 PM

I can't get debugging to work on Mac OS X (10.1.2). I have disabled the "force classic" option and made sure that jpda.jar is properly included in the startup script's CLASSPATH . Here's the command it says it's trying to run: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.3.1/Home/bin/java -classpath /s5mnt1/dougm/dm-sol/built/atlas/export/arch/jvm1.3/classes -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=g4:50987,suspend=y com.liberate.ui.commandline.test.Main g4 is the correct name for my machine. It takes about 30 seconds or so for this to fail (I guess it's trying to connect to that socket and timing out.) Any idea   More>>

I can't get debugging to work on Mac OS X (10.1.2). I have disabled the "force classic" option and made sure that jpda.jar is properly included in the startup script's CLASSPATH .

Here's the command it says it's trying to run:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.3.1/Home/bin/java -classpath /s5mnt1/dougm/dm-sol/built/atlas/export/arch/jvm1.3/classes -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=g4:50987,suspend=y com.liberate.ui.commandline.test.Main

g4 is the correct name for my machine. It takes about 30 seconds or so for this to fail (I guess it's trying to connect to that socket and timing out.) Any ideas? I love this IDE but debugging would be nice. Thanks!

<<Less

Re: JVM error trying to debug on Mac OS X

Posted By:   Doug_McBride  
Posted On:   Monday, April 15, 2002 02:55 PM

I figured this out; it was pilot error. works like a charm now...
About | Sitemap | Contact