dcsimg
Exception handling in SwiftMQ implementation
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neil_benn
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 5, 2002 06:38 AM

Hello, I'm looking at JMSExceptions thrown back from the router to clients. I've registered an ExceptionListener and am getting the information back. so what I did was connect to the JMS and then force a disconnect from the navigator. However the information I'm getting back is a bit vague. All I'm getting is an exception of the type, javax.jms.JMSException with no error code, no message and no linked exceptions either. Is that correct - it seems a bit limited - or am I doing something wrong. Cheers, Neil Benn Senior Automation Informatics Scientist Cambridge Antibody Technology    More>>

Hello,

I'm looking at JMSExceptions thrown back from the router to clients.

I've registered an ExceptionListener and am getting the information back. so what I did was connect to the JMS and then force a disconnect from the navigator. However the information I'm getting back is a bit vague. All I'm getting is an exception of the type, javax.jms.JMSException with no error code, no message and no linked exceptions either.

Is that correct - it seems a bit limited - or am I doing something wrong.

Cheers,

Neil Benn

Senior Automation Informatics Scientist

Cambridge Antibody Technology

<<Less

Re: Exception handling in SwiftMQ implementation

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 5, 2002 01:06 PM

Normally there should be a text like "connection lost" or some other exception text. The reason why we don't provide error codes is that the exception listener is called on one reason only: a connection lost. All other exceptions are delivered directly to the appr. JMS objects (QueueReceiver etc).
About | Sitemap | Contact