dcsimg
Authenticator.setDefault with a Signed Applet
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mike_Asmar
Posted On:   Friday, January 18, 2002 01:45 PM

I have an applet that we have signed by Verisign. In it, I create my own authenticator to respond to HTTP Get's that I do to retreive information from our protected server. If I run the code as an application, it installs the Authenticator with the setDefault call and when needed, calls my Authenticator's getPasswordAuthentication method. I have verified that the call to getPasswordAuthentication is being made with a debug string being output. My problem is that when I run this as an applet, it seems to install my Authenticator properly (no Security Exceptions) but I never see the call to getPasswordAuthentication but I get the Basic Authentication dialog box. I thought that getting the code signed would allow me to install the Au   More>>

I have an applet that we have signed by Verisign. In it, I create my own authenticator to respond to HTTP Get's that I do to retreive information from our protected server. If I run the code as an application, it installs the Authenticator with the setDefault call and when needed, calls my Authenticator's getPasswordAuthentication method.

I have verified that the call to getPasswordAuthentication is being made with a debug string being output. My problem is that when I run this as an applet, it seems to install my Authenticator properly (no Security Exceptions) but I never see the call to getPasswordAuthentication but I get the Basic Authentication dialog box.

I thought that getting the code signed would allow me to install the Authenticator and I think it did because with un-signed code, I would get a Security Exception when I called Authenticator.setDefault.

Anybody with any ideas would be appreciated!!

Thanks

-Mike A.

<<Less

Re: Authenticator.setDefault with a Signed Applet

Posted By:   Aaron_Sansone  
Posted On:   Friday, March 29, 2002 08:07 AM

I am having this exact problem now. Have you solved this probelm yet? If so, could you post the solution?

Thanks,
Aaron
About | Sitemap | Contact