Do I have to wait for TransportListener's messageDelivered()?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andy_Jefferies
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 16, 2002 02:14 AM

I have an email queue where messages are placed on the queue with a desired time to be sent. As many as 70 emails may be placed on the queue for a particular time (e.g. 10:00:00 GMT), and the queue processes them as quickly as possible. About half are sent, the rest not - with an error: javax.mail.MessagingException: 421 Too many errors on this connection---closing at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:879) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:599) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:319) at com.vrisko.emailalert.Emailer.email(Emailer.java:95) Should I be waiting for acknowledgement of every    More>>

I have an email queue where messages are placed on the queue with a desired time to be sent.

As many as 70 emails may be placed on the queue for a particular time (e.g. 10:00:00 GMT), and the queue processes them as quickly as possible. About half are sent, the rest not - with an error:

javax.mail.MessagingException: 421 Too many errors on this connection---closing
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:879)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:599)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:319)
at com.vrisko.emailalert.Emailer.email(Emailer.java:95)

Should I be waiting for acknowledgement of every transport.sendMessage() by listener.messageSent() (and friends), or is my error somewhere else?

I am using:

Win NT4 with the default SMTP server installed with IIS (Java 1.3.1_01, JavaMail 1.2)

Many thanks,
Andy.

<<Less

Re: Do I have to wait for TransportListener's messageDelivered()?

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 16, 2002 09:29 AM

How are you setting the desired time to be sent?

Re: Do I have to wait for TransportListener's messageDelivered()?

Posted By:   julien_cool  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 16, 2002 02:22 AM

Hi Andy,

I am facing the same problem, one reason is perhaps a limitation on the number of mail your mail server accept to send in a period of time and then the connection is drop!!

I ve got the same error after 20 mails , if in your case it's 35, 30 or 40 there is a great chance that it's something about a parameter preventing mail bombing.

PS : I also don't have used the listener, so maybe it is a huge mistake

If you found a solution let me know
thanks

About | Sitemap | Contact