dcsimg
<strong>Signing Applets</strong>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rajesh_Mohapatra
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 9, 2002 03:48 AM

This might be a typical question.... I want to connect to an database using applet, the code is ready using an OracleType 4 Driver. The problem that I am facing is that the .jar file that we are supposed to send to the client thru the ARCHIVE attribute needs to contain some certificate a manifest file etc.... I want to know the steps by which I can create that jar file & successfully run the applet..I have downloaded a document that specifies how to sign using the javakey but the problem is that javakey doesnt seem to run on my machine..and so was advised to use keytool instead of javakey.. to generate the certificates ... I am using windows NT 4.0 & jdk1.3.J   More>>

This might be a typical question....

I want to connect to an database using applet, the code is ready using an OracleType 4 Driver.
The problem that I am facing is that the .jar file that we are supposed to send to the client thru the ARCHIVE attribute needs to contain some certificate a manifest file etc....

I want to know the steps by which I can create that jar file & successfully run the applet..I have downloaded a document that specifies how to sign using the javakey but the problem is that javakey doesnt seem to run on my machine..and so was advised to use keytool instead of javakey.. to generate the certificates ...

I am using windows NT 4.0 & jdk1.3.Java plugin is installed on my machine.

plz help URGENTLY
thanx

<<Less

Re: <strong>Signing Applets</strong>

Posted By:   joro_simeonov  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 17, 2002 08:49 AM

hallo

if your database is on the same IP where the web server is you dont need signed applets.
About | Sitemap | Contact