dcsimg
I'd like have comments regarding creating applets that draw graphs.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   seiju_taniguchi
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 8, 2002 01:23 AM

Hello, this is the first time for me to create graphs using applets. I will be pulling data from MYSQL and plotting a sum or ratio as a graph to an applet. I need calendar embedded there also for when the user clicks any date, the graph gets refreshed and then shows the result of that date. When user clicks the edge of the calendar, graph will show the sum of that week. When user clicks the top of the calendar, graph will show the sum of that month. Would the code be too complex when using applet? How would you do this in a short period of time(like 14 days). Due to my personal reason I dont want to use FLASH+CGI. If you know of any place to visit for studying, I'd like to know that.    More>>

Hello, this is the first time for me to create graphs using applets. I will be pulling data from MYSQL and plotting a sum or ratio as a graph to an applet. I need calendar embedded there also for when the user clicks any date, the graph gets refreshed and then shows the result of that date. When user clicks the edge of the calendar, graph will show the sum of that week. When user clicks the top of the calendar, graph will show the sum of that month.

Would the code be too complex when using applet? How would you do this in a short period of time(like 14 days). Due to my personal reason I dont want to use FLASH+CGI. If you know of any place to visit for studying, I'd like to know that.

<<Less

Re: I'd like have comments regarding creating applets that draw graphs.

Posted By:   Carlos_Estrada  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 8, 2002 09:54 AM

Probably you dont need Graphs, you need an applet like spread sheet in order to calculate your data. If you still want to use graphs, use the canvas component. this components is useful if you want to create animation, draw images, lines, etc.

I think the ease way is to create a spread sheet with cells with events.

I've seen that code in some book but I dont have that information for now

I hope this helps

Carlos cestrada@esei.com
About | Sitemap | Contact