Tivoli Maestro Workload scheduler
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rakesh_Gope
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 2, 2002 11:45 AM

Has anyone created a java interface to Maestro Workload scheduler? Is there an java api for it? How does a web application handle Scheduling of jobs if the schedules themselves are meant to be set by the end user. For e.g. suppose I have a reporting program on unix that needs to be scheduled. Instead of having the administrator of the system setup the schedule, I would like the user of the system to be able to schedule the report (e.g. first day of a month etc..). Thus, every user has his own job list and supporting schedule. I feel strongly that an interface must be made to an external scheduler system. In my case the external system happens to be tivoli maestro (formerly unison maestro until it was bought over by IBM) since the company that I wok for already boug   More>>

Has anyone created a java interface to Maestro Workload scheduler? Is there an java api for it? How does a web application handle Scheduling of jobs if the schedules themselves are meant to be set by the end user. For e.g. suppose I have a reporting program on unix that needs to be scheduled. Instead of having the administrator of the system setup the schedule, I would like the user of the system to be able to schedule the report (e.g. first day of a month etc..). Thus, every user has his own job list and supporting schedule. I feel strongly that an interface must be made to an external scheduler system. In my case the external system happens to be tivoli maestro (formerly unison maestro until it was bought over by IBM) since the company that I wok for already bought it.
Any inputs and suggestions are most welcome.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact