What UML designing tool u use?
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Muhammad_Ashikuzzaman
Posted On:   Sunday, December 30, 2001 04:32 AM

I have heard a lot of Rational Rose and some other UML tools. What is particularly of ur choice? And why?

And how many free tools are there? Any URL to download some? I just downloaded neatvision which was formerly known as JVision.

Re: What UML designing tool u use?

Posted By:   Robert_Alexander  
Posted On:   Monday, February 25, 2002 08:01 AM

IMHO the best product available in this space is ArcStyler (www.arcstyler.com). TogetherJ claims to be "single source" but really isn´t, whereas ArcStyler is not only much more complete in this area but also integrates Rose and programming IDEs like JBuilder and covers the whole lifecycle for app. servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, etc.

It´s several steps more advanced than a UML designing tool because it really does generate everything you need for a J2EE application, for example, in addition to supporting full round-trip engineering, etc., etc..

I´d suggest trying it out ... at least for the 30 days free trial period!

Posted By:   Jochen_Bedersdorfer  
Posted On:   Friday, January 11, 2002 03:15 AM

Together/J is the tool of choice for all Java developers IMHO.
It follows a the principial that design and code are basically two different views on the same thing. So Together/J keeps your diagrams and your code always in sync.

So the focus is more on real-world-design
where you often have to let the programmers add new classes and constructs because of time constraints. Their changes automatically make it into the class diagrams and you can review their changes very easily.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 3, 2002 07:22 PM

Compared to most of the tools available for UML, Rational is a competitive tool. The reason I say rational is good is due to the fact that Rational comes from the home of the people who envisaged and were/are the major contributors of UML. So it is likely that the updations in UML is more likely to reflect in Rational softwares than the other competitors. Also, I have not seen a competitor with a full package of UML. Most of the vendors has a design tool which competes with Rational Rose. But UML is not just Designing. ( If anyone knows a full suite for UML other than Rational Suite please let me know)

Posted By:   senthil_baba  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 1, 2002 08:57 PM

As of to me Rational is the best.
And you can also try with proxy designer
it's an freeware and can be downloaded
from www.proxysource.com

About | Sitemap | Contact