How to connect MySQL JDBC driver to JBuilder4
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   fu_qing
Posted On:   Sunday, December 23, 2001 12:31 AM

I want to use mysql DBMS with JBuilder4, but when i create a .config file through tools|Enterprise Setup and after locating the driver for the mysql database, JBuilder creates a .config file. But when i try to use it in making an application to access the database, the driver can not be found in the driver drop down list of connection window. I also have set the path of the .config driver that I had created in the default project properties. I looked the following answer to the similar problem. I followed these procedures. However, I meet problem in starting DATABASE PILOT. What is the database pilot? Is it also fit for my problem? In addition, I could not find View|Option menu. Any help will be appreciated.    More>>

I want to use mysql DBMS with JBuilder4, but when i create a .config file through tools|Enterprise Setup
and after locating the driver for the mysql database, JBuilder creates a .config file. But when i try to use it in making an application to access the database, the driver can not be found in the driver drop down list of connection window.

I also have set the path of the .config driver that I had created in the default project properties.
I looked the following answer to the similar problem. I followed these procedures. However, I meet problem in starting DATABASE PILOT. What is the database pilot? Is it also fit for my problem? In addition, I could not find View|Option menu.
Any help will be appreciated.

Qing

Re: Problem with using mysql in Jbuilder
Topic: JBuilder
Shahram Khorsand, Sep 17, 2001 [replies]
here is couple of steps necessary:

Add a libraryto JB with mySQL JDBC driver
Add an entry in the tools|enterprise settings ...|database driver
Start database pilot. Go to view|options menu.
In the Drivers tab add your driver.
If you like, you could test your db connection by add a new connection to databas pilot and try it here. If databasepilot can connect then the rest of the JB should be able to conncet.
Go back to JB and try to recreate the EJB.

Good luck!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact