Access to nested MIME part headers
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dmtiry_Rubinstein
Posted On:   Sunday, December 16, 2001 07:20 AM

It's not a question but rather a request (in a vain hope that the developers of the appropriate SW are receiving events from this FAQ). I'm using the IMAP4 provider and am trying to access the information on the nested MIME body parts of the message (such as Content-Language etc.). This info is available after a .fetch() with a CONTENT_INFO fetch item. However, if I try to access it by issuing mp.getHeader("Content-Type") another fetch is being performed. This is because the IMAP provider (by Sun) does not recognise the information received by ussuing a "FETCH x BODYSTRUCTURE" as headers. This information is only available through the direct calls to getSomething methods (that go into the    More>>

It's not a question but rather a request (in a vain hope that the developers of the appropriate SW are receiving events from this FAQ).

I'm using the IMAP4 provider and am trying to access the information on the nested MIME body parts of the message (such as Content-Language etc.). This info is available after a .fetch() with a CONTENT_INFO fetch item. However, if I try to access it by issuing

mp.getHeader("Content-Type")

another fetch is being performed. This is because the IMAP provider (by Sun) does not recognise the information received by ussuing a "FETCH x BODYSTRUCTURE" as headers. This information is only available through the direct calls to getSomething methods (that go into the BODYSTRUCTURE class). Too bad, since it makes the processing code lengthier and unreadeablier.

So the request is to make a getHeader method smart enough to recognise information already fetched.

<<Less

Re: Access to nested MIME part headers

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 20, 2001 08:29 PM

Try posting your message to the JavaMail mailing list. The developers will see it there.
About | Sitemap | Contact