Strange behaviour of HTTPS request
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, December 14, 2001 02:49 AM

In one java program I've created instantion of HttpsURLConnection object, got response from server and closed connection. Duration of this action was about 10 s. Then I've created another instantion of HttpsURLConnection object with url to the same www server but another html document, got response and closed connection. But duration was only 1 s! Note: SSL session cache on www server was switched off. Is this behavior OK? With ssl session cache switched off I would expect, that second request will long approx. same time. Used sw: jdk 1.1.8, apache 1.3.12 with mod_ssl 2.6.6 base on OpenSSL 0.9.6 Part of www server configuration: BrowserMatch ... no-keepalive    More>>

In one java program I've created instantion of HttpsURLConnection object, got response from server and closed connection. Duration of this action was about 10 s.

Then I've created another instantion of HttpsURLConnection object with url to the same www server but another html document, got response and closed connection. But duration was only 1 s!

Note: SSL session cache on www server was switched off.

Is this behavior OK? With ssl session cache switched off I would expect, that second request will long approx. same time.

Used sw: jdk 1.1.8, apache 1.3.12 with mod_ssl 2.6.6 base on OpenSSL 0.9.6

Part of www server configuration:

BrowserMatch ... no-keepalive

SSLSessionCache none

SSLSessionCacheTimeout 0

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact