Tomcat problem
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sunitha_Lakkakula
Posted On:   Thursday, December 13, 2001 02:21 AM

Sir,

I have a directory 'login' created in Tomcat under webapps directory.

I have accessed the files in that directory from the address "http://localhost:8080/login/index.html".

I was very happy for that.Later I have removed some unneccessary paths from my classpath.

Then suddenly I am not able to see my files with the above mentioned address.

I am not able to understand what is the problem.

So, please help me.I was really sick of this.

Thank You.

Hope you will help me soon.

Re: Tomcat problem

Posted By:   Haibo_Zhang  
Posted On:   Sunday, December 16, 2001 10:18 PM

I guess it has nothing to do with the classpath, I suggest you reinstall a different version of tomcat, say tomcat2, and set all path and classpath accordingly, then copy all files that work previously into the new tomcat2, startup, it should work, you should see you login page, then you know sth. wrong with certain settings or files in you old tomcat!
these things happens, as long as it works, don't bother!

Posted By:   l_p  
Posted On:   Friday, December 14, 2001 11:33 PM

I'd reset the "classpath" values as well as "CATALINA_HOME", JAVA_HOME and "Path". Then make sure you delete the folder on "CATLINA_HOMEworklocalhost" that you were working on. Then, go to your Interent browser and make sure you delete all the cookies, then restart your pc. After all that process you can try again "http://localhost:8080/......."
and it would work. If it doesn't work, probalby the cause is the values you had entered in CATALINA_HOME, classpath, path or JAVA_HOME are incorrect, then you would have to make sure those values are correct, otherwise tomcat wont see the directory structure of itself.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 13, 2001 09:30 AM

shutdown the machine and start it again

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 13, 2001 03:48 AM

Hi,

Maybe you can be clearer and try specify what you mwan with "unneccessary paths from my classpath".

From your description is obvious that you have removed something that is important to Tomcat and/or your application, and you prbably have to put those stuff back in.

Looking at the error messages will also help you understanding what is missing.

About | Sitemap | Contact