dcsimg
Dr watson is coming ......
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Harish_Sehgal
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 12, 2001 05:35 AM

I have an excel sheet with some data in it which is actually some template for customer to fill in details for items he want. I will then send this to him for filling the data and return it back to me. I parse this file and validate data filled in by him. After validating data, i save the same data with errors reported in his file. But this data is tab delimited and not in excel format. The person can view the file in two ways . Firstly, he tries to open this file after opening excel editor, he will be prompted with a wizard so as to view the file the way he wants. Secondly if user double clicks the excel file then file opens without prompting wizard but after changing the file data , when user tries to save it he gets a Saveas dialog   More>>

I have an excel sheet with some data in it which is actually some template for customer to fill in details for items he want. I will then send this to him for filling the data and return it back to me. I parse this file and validate data filled in by him. After validating data, i save the same data with errors reported in his file. But this data is tab delimited and not in excel format. The person can view the file in two ways .

Firstly, he tries to open this file after opening excel editor, he will be prompted with a wizard so as to view the file the way he wants.
Secondly if user double clicks the excel file then file opens without prompting wizard but after changing the file data , when user tries to save it he gets a Saveas dialog box and format of this file is text delimited(tab) so if user saves it in this format, he will get two confimation boxes about format loss etc. This will again come up if he closes the file.

Now if user changes the format to say Excel work book and if i use ur api to read this file then o/p is not as required.Also The api i m using now also cannot read text delimited(tab) file.To overcome this problem i m using a VB code which without any user intervention saves the file in excel work book format and now my code is running fine on WIN95 and WIN98 but it is giving me DR.Watson on Win NT.I m using Runtime class (of Java) for calling exe of VB.So pls tell any solution for it other than disabling Watson on Win NT.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact