Jdbc and VARRAYs
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manoj_Kona
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 11, 2001 11:02 AM

I have defined a VARRAY in oracle database as CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE STRING_TABLE AS VARRAY(100) OF VARCHAR2(4000); I am using this VARRAY type (STRING_TABLE) to pass an array to stored procedure. When I inspect the stored procedure through the DatabaseMetaData, I get following information /*****/ Procedure: INSERT_FMS_DATA_PKG.FMS.INSERT_FMS_DATA_PROC ColumnName [ColumnType(ColumnPrecision)]: C_SERVICE_CODES [VARRAY(22)] ColumnReturns: In(VARRAY) dbColumnDataType: 1111 Radix: 10, Scale: 0 /**********/ But to call a stored procedure which has VARRAY's as paramters from Java, I need to create map   More>>

I have defined a VARRAY in oracle database as

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE STRING_TABLE AS VARRAY(100) OF VARCHAR2(4000);

I am using this VARRAY type (STRING_TABLE) to pass an array to stored procedure. When I inspect the stored procedure through the DatabaseMetaData, I get following information

/*****/
Procedure: INSERT_FMS_DATA_PKG.FMS.INSERT_FMS_DATA_PROC

ColumnName [ColumnType(ColumnPrecision)]: C_SERVICE_CODES [VARRAY(22)]

ColumnReturns: In(VARRAY)

dbColumnDataType: 1111

Radix: 10, Scale: 0
/**********/

But to call a stored procedure which has VARRAY's as paramters from Java, I need to create mapping between Java arrays and oracle VARRAY's using ArrayDescriptors. I need the VARRAY type ( like STRING_TABLE ) for creating the ArrayDescriptor's. Could any one help me in finding the VARRAY types the stored procedure is accepting. Any related information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Manoj

<<Less

Re: Jdbc and VARRAYs

Posted By:   Bernie_Acs  
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 11, 2001 01:05 PM

Recent Question with a breif example (borrowed form the referenced link to follow).. If you are a not a registered member of Oracle Tech Net click here and complete the registration process. Then proceed to the following Creating and Using Arrays chapter of Oracle8i JDBC Developer's Guide and Reference Release 3 (8.1.7). Toward the bottom of this page you should find the reference you seek. There is also a link to the index to this reference on the top of the page to find more information on the topic.
About | Sitemap | Contact