Applet NT Authentication Problems
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rich_Sorensen
Posted On:   Monday, December 10, 2001 03:33 AM

I have a couple of Java applet questions: The application is here is report/file viewing over the web for an MS IIS intranet. The applet presents a directory structure to web users via a Java JTree swing applet. The users navigate the directory tree, and when they click on a file, it downloads to their browser. Everything works fine with authentication turned off. However when authentication is turned on (and the browser pops up the username/password box), the applet will also pop up an applet window asking for the same values. The reason for the pop-up is that the applet reads gif files from the web server (folder and file icons) to use in displaying the tree. My questions are: 1. How can I   More>>

I have a couple of Java applet questions:

The application is here is report/file viewing over the web for an MS IIS intranet. The applet presents a directory structure to web users via a Java JTree swing applet. The users navigate the directory tree, and when they click on a file, it downloads to their browser.

Everything works fine with authentication turned off. However when authentication is turned on (and the browser pops up the username/password box), the applet will also pop up an applet window asking for the same values. The reason for the pop-up is that the applet reads gif files from the web server (folder and file icons) to use in displaying the tree. My questions are:

1. How can I get the applet authentication turned off? (the credentials supplied in the login are sufficient to read the icon files, so the authentication is unnecessary).

2. Is there a way to include and compile graphic files as resources within a Java app so you don't have to read them from external files? (like you can do with VB and C++).

Thanks,

Rich Sorensen

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact