Using telnet vt100 emulation
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alessandro_Turchetti
Posted On:   Friday, December 7, 2001 05:58 AM

I am developing a program for a device that emulate vt100 terminals (a Symbol wireless portable reader) using a telnet connection; the program should show simple forms on the device display using System.in e System.out. While everything is correct for drawing forms through System.out, I have two problems in input: 1 - I receive inputs only after an ENTER even if I use the single byte read(), while I need to receive one char at a time 2 - The cursor position during input is always at the end of the form (here is where I see the echoed characters) and not where I put it immediately before calling the read() Any suggestion?    More>>

I am developing a program for a device that emulate vt100 terminals (a Symbol wireless portable reader) using a telnet connection; the program should show simple forms on the device display using System.in e System.out.

While everything is correct for drawing forms through System.out, I have two problems in input:

1 - I receive inputs only after an ENTER even if I use the single byte read(), while I need to receive one char at a time

2 - The cursor position during input is always at the end of the form (here is where I see the echoed characters) and not where I put it immediately before calling the read()

Any suggestion?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact