compiling doubt PLEASE HELP !!!!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, December 3, 2001 05:17 AM

please help me !, I have a jar file and it contains one general file , called xyz.java , this xyz.java is a common file across the entire jar file and containc database information and other common information including ip addresses, now all these information are declared as static, but if i change and compile the xyz.java , the changes do not reflect across other files :( , please help me, urgent. for example static string database = "one" ; now if i change it to another database name and compile it , the databse change is not reflected in other files, sometimes it seems to work and sometimes i am struggling , please help !    More>>

please help me !,

I have a jar file and it contains one general file , called xyz.java , this xyz.java is a common file across the entire jar file and containc database information and other common information including ip addresses, now all these information are declared as static, but if i change and compile the xyz.java , the changes do not reflect across other files :( , please help me, urgent.

for example static string database = "one" ;

now if i change it to another database name and compile it , the databse change is not reflected in other files, sometimes it seems to work and sometimes i am struggling , please help !

<<Less

Re: compiling doubt PLEASE HELP !!!!

Posted By:   Thomas_SMETS  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 22, 2002 06:51 AM

I believe you xyz.java is an interface ...

Hence you have to recompile ALL the refering classes. The values in the interface are "hard coded" in the refering classes...
About | Sitemap | Contact