User creation use case model
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alan_Y
Posted On:   Monday, November 26, 2001 05:17 AM

Hi there. I have been asked to model our new system with UML but I have none experience and need some help. I have 2 actors: System Admin and Company Admin. Both these users can create new users on the system. The company Admin can only create users for their company and the System Admin has to select a company and then create the users for that company. I saw an example that shows this modelled as follows: A "Select Company" use case which can be accessed by the System Admin. The "Update User" use case is accessible by both the actors, but has an extends relationship with the "Select Company" use case to indicate that this must be optionally executed depending on the actor initiating th   More>>

Hi there. I have been asked to model our new system with UML but I have none experience and need some help.

I have 2 actors: System Admin and Company Admin. Both these users can create new users on the system. The company Admin can only create users for their company and the System Admin has to select a company and then create the users for that company.

I saw an example that shows this modelled as follows:

A "Select Company" use case which can be accessed by the System Admin. The "Update User" use case is accessible by both the actors, but has an extends relationship with the "Select Company" use case to indicate that this must be optionally executed depending on the actor initiating the use case. The activity diagram for this shows the inclusion as "Is System Admin".

Please, could someone tell me if this is the correct way to model this or if there is a better way.

Thank you.

<<Less

Re: User creation use case model

Posted By:   John_Austin  
Posted On:   Monday, November 26, 2001 09:42 PM

Well, it looks to me like you are on the right track.

You may have multiple use cases for different sets of user maintenance activities. Create User, Delete User,
Change User are all distinct use cases in many design models. Don't try to make one gynormous Use Case for everything.

If you don't have a UML tool take a look at Poseidon at www.gentleware.com
or ArgoUML at www.ArgoUML.org. Both are free for use.

About | Sitemap | Contact