native code interrupt handler
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   alan_robson
Posted On:   Friday, November 9, 2001 11:15 AM

How can I install a native method as an interrupt handler for TINI ? I want to bit-bang a low-speed HDLC interface and will need to respond to interrupts every 50uS or so and run a few dozen instructions. I am concerned that a method specified as an ExternalInterruptEventListener will have to wait to be started by the thread scheduler, and that may take too long. I want to implement the upper layers of the protocol in java and pass buffers back and forth to the interrupt routine to cause frames to be sent/received. There seem to be so many challenges in this approach (passing buffers of data between threads and the interrupt handler, liberating a timer to cause periodic interrupts, placing an en   More>>

How can I install a native method as an interrupt handler for TINI ?

I want to bit-bang a low-speed HDLC interface and will need to respond to interrupts every 50uS or so and run a few dozen instructions. I am concerned that a method specified as an ExternalInterruptEventListener will have to wait to be started by the thread scheduler, and that may take too long.

I want to implement the upper layers of the protocol in java and pass buffers back and forth to the interrupt routine to cause frames to be sent/received.

There seem to be so many challenges in this approach (passing buffers of data between threads and the interrupt handler, liberating a timer to cause periodic interrupts, placing an entry in the interrupt vector table) - maybe there's a better solution...

any comments ?

Many thanks - Alan

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact