java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   nagesh_nagesh
Posted On:   Thursday, October 25, 2001 01:17 AM

I am trying to cipher a string and am using weblogic6.0, when i run it as an application the code works, but not when i put it on the application server. Error msg it gives: <[WebAppServletContext(23364 8,DefaultWebApp_myserver)] Servlet failed with Exception java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs at javax.crypto.b. ([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]) at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]) at CustBean.encrypt(CustBean.java:242) at CustBean.writeFlat(CustBean.java:232) at jsp_servlet._flatfile._jspService(_flatfile.java:191) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27) at weblogic.servlet.   More>>

I am trying to cipher a string and am using weblogic6.0, when i run it as an application the code works, but not when i put it on the application server.
Error msg it gives:
<[WebAppServletContext(23364
8,DefaultWebApp_myserver)] Servlet failed with Exception
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs
at javax.crypto.b. ([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
at CustBean.encrypt(CustBean.java:242)
at CustBean.writeFlat(CustBean.java:232)
at jsp_servlet._flatfile._jspService(_flatfile.java:191)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:213)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:246)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1265)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1622)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)
>

<<Less

Re: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs

Posted By:   Amol_Sant  
Posted On:   Monday, October 29, 2001 09:39 AM

Hi,

The JDK/JRE used by weblogic is different from the one that you use on the command line.

Check the security file (java.security) for that JDK available under libsecurity and make changes if required for the provider you are using. Also check the classpath used by Weblogic. If required edit the startweblogic.cmd file to include the required files in the classpath. You can put the required files (generally jce1_2_1.jar and sunjce_provider.jar) in the libext of the jdk used by weblogic.

Hope this works. I can provide more details if required.

Cheers,
SantaClaws2002

About | Sitemap | Contact