E-mailing with attachments from Oracle Web Forms and/or Oracle database
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   S_Campbell
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 24, 2001 02:41 PM

Hi. We are running Oracle Web Forms(6i) against an Oracle 8.1.7 database. We are looking to send e-mails with attachments and would like to do so in a batch process, if possible. I have read some stuff here re. Java stored procedures that interface with JavaMail. A few questions: 1. If we install and use JavaMail on the database server, is it possible to attach files that reside on the iAS application server? 2. If we install JavaMail on the application server -- where the file attachments reside -- what do I have to do to configure Forms to use the JavaMail API? 4. How does encryption work with JavaMail? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Steve    More>>

Hi.

We are running Oracle Web Forms(6i) against an Oracle 8.1.7 database. We are looking to send e-mails with attachments and would like to do so in a batch process, if possible. I have read some stuff here re. Java stored procedures that interface with JavaMail. A few questions:

1. If we install and use JavaMail on the database server, is it possible to attach files that reside on the iAS application server?

2. If we install JavaMail on the application server -- where the file attachments reside -- what do I have to do to configure Forms to use the JavaMail API?

4. How does encryption work with JavaMail?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steve

<<Less

Re: E-mailing with attachments from Oracle Web Forms and/or Oracle database

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Sunday, October 28, 2001 05:34 PM

First, please limit submissions to single questions so each can be answered separately. It really makes things easier so one can easily see what, if anything, is answered/unanswered.

If you are using JavaMail, sending attachments is the same no matter where you are running it. I don't know how to set the CLASSPATH with the tool, but that is all that should be necessary. Security issues are asked about already in the FAQ.

About | Sitemap | Contact