Retrieving japanese/korean strings from a form with weblogic server.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Viswanath_Tolety
Posted On:   Monday, October 22, 2001 09:56 AM

I am running into problems while trying to use japanese/korean strings displayed in a select box inside a form. I submit the form and try to retrieve the strings from the request object using getParameter()/getParameterVales() methods. After obtaining the string i try to convert it into utf-8 format assuming that the incoming encoding is 8859_1. This technique works for JRun. With weblogic, however, it fails. If I assume that the incoming encoding is the encoding of the OS (which i obtain from System.getProperty) then some of the strings are going through fine. But other strings(notably kanzi character strings) are being truncated or returning empty strings after conversion to utf-8   More>>

I am running into problems while trying to use japanese/korean strings displayed in a select box inside a form.

I submit the form and try to retrieve the strings from the request object using getParameter()/getParameterVales() methods. After obtaining the string i try to convert it into utf-8 format assuming that the incoming encoding is 8859_1. This technique works for JRun.

With weblogic, however, it fails. If I assume that the incoming encoding is the encoding of the OS (which i obtain from System.getProperty) then some of the strings are going through fine. But other strings(notably kanzi character strings) are being truncated or returning empty strings after conversion to utf-8. I've also noticed that if I get the strings in javascript code and append them to the url then everything goes fine with 8859_1 encoding.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact