question about accessing javax.comm
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kaath_l
Posted On:   Saturday, October 20, 2001 05:57 PM

Hi, I am currently making my website which allows web visitors control the camera through the browser. I have make a small platform for my camera, and use javax.comm package to communicate with the parallel port that connect to the platform. There are two files, PortComm.java is the one which communicates with the port, Driver.java is just the file which calls the ethods in PortComm.java. When I use "java Driver" to control the platform, it works properly. Now I wrote another file controlWindow.java which contains the applet that allows user to control the platform, but I have now idea how to access PortComm.java in controlWindow.java, I always have below error message: ----------------------------------------ja   More>>

Hi,

I am currently making my website which allows web visitors control the camera through the browser.

I have make a small platform for my camera, and use javax.comm package to communicate with the parallel port that connect to the platform. There are two files, PortComm.java is the one which communicates with the port, Driver.java is just the file which calls the ethods in PortComm.java. When I use "java Driver" to control the platform, it works properly. Now I wrote another file controlWindow.java which contains the applet that allows user to control the platform, but I have now idea how to access PortComm.java in controlWindow.java, I always have below error message:

----------------------------------------java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission javax.comm.properties read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission (AccessControlContext.java: 195)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java, Compiled Code)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java, Compiled Code)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1243)
at java.lang.System.gerProperty(System.java:540)
at javax.comm.CommPortIdentifier.(clinit)(CommPortIdentifier.java:678)
at PortComm.(init)(PortComm.jav, Compiled Code)
at controlWindow.init(controlWindow.java:60)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:333)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

----------------------------------------

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact