dcsimg
C++, Java, Can I use JDK1.3 ORB for both. --help
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Chris_Perren
Posted On:   Thursday, October 11, 2001 11:23 AM

Most of the example code I have reviewed deals with connecting Java clients to Java Servers through the JDK1.3 ORB. I am try to figure out how this might be applied to a C++ application. Here are the steps that I have reviewed... Thanks for any help Chris 1. Create a Java interface for the RMI/IIOP commuinications. 2. Create the IDL file using the rmic tool from the above interface. 3. Using the C++ IDL compiler, create the Corba object. 4. Do I need to also create Stubs and ties for the java client using idlj? 5. Can I use A Java client and Java Server to communicate with the Corba Object? 6. The whole ORB model is confusing, Can I use a Java ORB for both sides, or do I have to use a C++   More>>

Most of the example code I have reviewed deals with connecting Java clients to Java Servers through the JDK1.3 ORB. I am try to figure out how this might be applied to a C++ application. Here are the steps that I have reviewed... Thanks for any help Chris

1. Create a Java interface for the RMI/IIOP commuinications.

2. Create the IDL file using the rmic tool from the above interface.

3. Using the C++ IDL compiler, create the Corba object.

4. Do I need to also create Stubs and ties for the java client using idlj?

5. Can I use A Java client and Java Server to communicate with the Corba Object?

6. The whole ORB model is confusing, Can I use a Java ORB for both sides, or do I have to use a C++ ORB for the server and a Java ORB for the Server...

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact