dcsimg
PublicKey refuses to regenerate.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Syed_Rahman
Posted On:   Monday, October 8, 2001 03:25 AM

Hi, I have an interesting problem which might interest you. We know PublicKey can be encoded into byte-array by using "getEncoded()" method. In my case I found that array size required to store my encoded PublicKey is 444. Using objectOutputStream's "writebyte(int)" I transferred the byte array to a file in my floppy drive. I found that I could regenerate the PublicKey by reading back the encoded byte-array using ObjectInputStream's "readByte()" method and then using the following snippets. (where pub is the byte-array i.e byte[] pub=new byte[444]; containing the encoded bytes) X509EncodedKeySpec b =   More>>

Hi,
I have an interesting problem which might interest you.

We know PublicKey can be encoded into byte-array by using "getEncoded()" method. In my case I found that array size required to store my encoded PublicKey is 444.

Using objectOutputStream's "writebyte(int)" I transferred the byte array to a file in my floppy drive.

I found that I could regenerate the PublicKey by reading back the encoded byte-array using ObjectInputStream's "readByte()" method and then using the following snippets. (where pub is the byte-array i.e
byte[] pub=new byte[444]; containing the encoded bytes)

X509EncodedKeySpec b = new X509EncodedKeySpec(pub);
KeyFactory kf = KeyFactory.getInstance("DSA");
PublicKey j = kf.generatePublic(b);

This has been performing nicely without any problems.
Now I have burned the 444 bytes into an EEPROM. Though the exact data bytes are read back by the program from the EEPROM, I get the following error message:-

java.security.spec.InvalidKeySpecException: Inappropriate key specification: IOE
xception: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=95, too big.
at sun.security.provider.DSAKeyFactory.engineGeneratePublic(DSAKeyFactor
y.java:74)
at java.security.KeyFactory.generatePublic(KeyFactory.java:184)
at Advanced_server_frm_eeprom.main(Compiled Code)

Do you have any suggestions to overcome the problem. Since I have succeeded with Floppy I believe it is possible with EEPROm, just another memory element. It must be just a simple problem which I fail to see and may be an experienced programmer will spot.

Thanking you.
With regards.
Syed Miftahur Rahman.(India).

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact