CreateProcess error=2 invoking EJBC task for WebLogic 4.5.1 using Ant 1.4
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Bryan_Helm
Posted On:   Thursday, September 6, 2001 12:48 PM

I am trying to convert a batch file that deploys an EJB into an equivalent ant build.xml. Everything looks right, but I get an IOException after Ant forks a process to run EJBC. The error message gives the javac command line and ends with "error=2", followed by a stack dump with java.lang.Win32Process.create at the top. It looks like it could be a memory problem - is there a way to pass a -mx command line parameter to the forked task created by the EJBC task? Any clues to this problem? For now, it means I cannot use Ant to deploy an EJB. Bryan    More>>

I am trying to convert a batch file that deploys an EJB into an equivalent ant build.xml.

Everything looks right, but I get an IOException after Ant forks a process to run EJBC.

The error message gives the javac command line and ends with "error=2", followed by a stack

dump with java.lang.Win32Process.create at the top. It looks like it could be a memory problem -

is there a way to pass a -mx command line parameter to the forked task created by the EJBC task?

Any clues to this problem? For now, it means I cannot use Ant to deploy an EJB.

Bryan

<<Less

Re: CreateProcess error=2 invoking EJBC task for WebLogic 4.5.1 using Ant 1.4

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 6, 2001 07:37 PM

What version of Ant are you running? I recommend giving Ant 1.4 a try as there have been enhancements to the EJB tasks - at the very least you'll be at the latest version of Ant and will be easier to troubleshoot then.

Re: CreateProcess error=2 invoking EJBC task for WebLogic 4.5.1 using Ant 1.4

Posted By:   Bryan_Helm  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 6, 2001 01:40 PM

Never mind. This turned out to be because javac was not in my path.

I thought it was, and most things work with JAVA_HOME set without JAVA_HOME/bin in the path.

The EJBC ant task is one example where it does not work that way and javac must be in the path.

I guess error=2 means program not found. I set the path correctly and the problem went away.

Bryan

About | Sitemap | Contact